BYU Department of English / Spring 2017 Symposium
Read your creative writing! Compete for prizes!
On March 23-24, 2017, hundreds will attend the annual BYU English Symposium where English students present their research, share their creative writing, and learn from their peers about “English+” (how to apply English practically).
Don’t miss this major end-of-year showcase.
Plan now to be part of it!
How can you participate?
- Present your research paper (8-10 pages)
- Read your creative writing (up to 15 minutes)
- Compete in the “3MP” contest (3-minute paper http://bit.ly/3MP-info)
- Be a “My Story” presenter (5-minute PowerPoint about an “English+” experience such as an internship, ORCA grant, Honors thesis, study abroad experience, editorial position, etc.)
Fame, Glory & Prizes!
- Permanent archiving of student research in BYU’s ScholarsArchive
- Publication in Criterion, BYU’s journal of literary criticism, for the best research papers
- Select presentations will be filmed and featured on YouTube and in English dept media
- Cash awards totalling $800 for winners in the “3MP” competition
Use this form to submit your proposal(s):
Deadline: February 1, 2017.
Questions? Ask on the English Society Facebook Page or contact