Proposals due 31 December 2017
We welcome proposals to present 15-minute research projects in all areas of literary, rhetorical, and pedagogical studies, as broadly represented in the curriculum of the BYU English Department. In this format, each presenter reads an entire academic paper (papers may need editing to fit the allotted time). Presenters will be grouped together by topic into a panel moderated by a faculty member. At the end of the panel, presenters will answer questions from the audience.
1. If you don’t have an Author Account in BYU’s ScholarsArchive, you must create one before your upload your paper:
- Go to scholarsarchive.byu.edu
- Click on “My Account”
- Click on the Sign Up button below the Create new account heading.
- Fill in the required fields, and click “Sign Up”
- You will receive an email asking to confirm your account. Follow the instructions to complete the process.
2. Once you have an Author Account, follow this link to submit your paper on ScholarsArchive: http://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/english_symposium/
- Click “Submit papers and presentations” on the left menu bar.
- Have your paper’s title, a 250-300-word abstract, and the digital file of your paper ready when you log in.
- We will select research presenters for the Symposium from the papers submitted to ScholarsArchive.*
* If your paper is selected, you will have the option of uploading a revised draft before the paper is published on the internet (after the English Symposium). If your paper is not selected, the upload will be deleted from ScholarsArchive.